Saturday, August 4, 2012

NOTES TO OUR HOUSE . . .

Dear house,

First let me tell you how much I love you. I love the idiosyncrasies that make you "special": like the fact that it takes at least three minutes for the hot water to reach the back bathroom. This gives me time to brush my teeth and lay my pj's out before a shower.

I love the little front parlor that is absolutely never used. We call it our "Home Teachers" room . . . but have yet to meet with our Home Teachers in there.

I love having Gilbert Road as our back yard. It makes us feel like part of the community to hear the police cars, ambulances and fire trucks go screaming past.

Living across the street from a strip mall is interesting too. The Subway neon sign never goes out, lighting our backyard for free!

I love the big air duct high on the wall in our great room. To others it could be an eyesore. To me, it's proof that we can be comfortable because we have AC!

I love the stove that came with you- because even though it is not gas (which is preferable), I don't cook enough to burn much anyway!

The trees on the property are a special love too. We have planted gorgeous trees- watched them die in the frost- then replanted new ones- and watched them get frost bitten and cut back to little saplings. But they are growing beautifully again. House, please protect them. If we have to plant again, they'll be something HARDY- not so pretty. And I want PRETTY!

Thanks, house, for the protection you give us. We love you and all of your craziness. We are NOT moving again, until we are hauled out in pine boxes!

Love, Sue (your tenant)

No comments:

Post a Comment