Friday, July 20, 2012

A VISIT WITH RORY!

Soooooo, I'm so excited because Rory is coming over any minute! In case you somehow missed the worldwide celebration, Rory is our month-old great-granddaughter. Andrew -her Daddy- has the day off, and we volunteered to take care of Rory for the day so Ali and Andrew could do something fun together. Yeah- we're just that cool.

Right now, Denny is at his Mom's house in Tempe. She is doing very poorly, and needs a great deal of care, 24/7. Her husband just cannot take total care of her any longer. Denny has been going over nearly every day this week to help. Pop (Mom's hubby) is absolutely FABULOUS with her, but it is hard for just one person to care for her these days. We are so grateful for everything Pop has done and continues to do for Mom. Denny went over again this morning to help out, but will be home by 3:00 to spend time with Rory.  Anyway, back to Mom: we all feel that her time on earth is probably coming to a close very soon. This is not as sad as this sounds: she is miserable and has told us that she is really ready to go. We will, of course, be sorrowful when the time comes. But we will also be grateful that she will be out of pain, and have her whole mind back.

YAY! Rory is here! Andrew and Ali dropped her off, and she is sound asleep on the couch right next to me. What a darling little princess she is! Am I prejudiced? YES! Do I care? NOPE!  I love the little sounds she makes while she sleeps. When she is awake and we are "talking" to each other, she really expresses herself! I've never heard such adorable "coos" in my life.    . . . sigh . . .  Oh my, we LOVE Rory! Denny absolutely LOVES, ADORES, is CRAZY about her!!!!  She will call him "Papa" and will call me "GG" (for Great-Grandma). Cute, huh?

Whoops! I see little arms and legs beginning to flail around in the blanket next to me. Guess it's time to
play with our little miss. See ya all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment