Saturday, July 21, 2012

SATURDAY PONDERISMS

The Temple is closed for two weeks for maintenance . . .  and we miss our service there. At least it is only for two weeks! We feel like the other people serving there are our family, and we miss seeing them. Denny and I serve two nights a week, and LOVE it. We come home sometimes very tired, but it a WONDERFUL tired, and we wouldn't change it.

We have made some warm friends on our Temple shifts. It is so good to go "home" twice a week. We both love our coordinators. Mine are so good to me, which I appreciate. Some of the positions are hard for me to handle physically, and our coordinators are kind to give me things I can do. LOVE THEM!

Denny is at the Temple right now. During maintenance, they need brethren to sit at a recommend desk at the ramp door to check the recommends of the workers coming in and out. Denny is there from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM. He volunteered for next Saturday too. He's a good man!

Tomorrow, Denny and I are going over to Tempe to watch over Denny's Mom for a few hours- giving Pop the chance to go to Church and anything else he'd like to do. We won't be able to teach our 16-18 year old Sunday School class (we LOVE that class!), but we have a great substitute (Br. Don Hughes), and he will be terrific. We miss the kids in our class when we don't see them.  ;-[  WAH!

I am busy indexing for the Family History Project. I am saddened to hear that we are nearly finished with the 1940 Census. I mean, it is wonderful, of course . . . but I am sad that I won't be able to do it anymore. I know there are other items to index, but I don't know how yet. I'm sure someone will be happy to teach me, right?

I don't know how interesting this pondering can possibly be to anyone, but I have decided to keep this blog going . . . I'll try to be more interesting in the future!  ;-]  Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment