Thursday, December 6, 2012

A ROCKER AND COMPRESSION HOSE


Dear Alert Readers!  Rory is off-duty today, so –sorry!- you are stuck with me. Several of you have told me that you really like Rory's blogs. Yep! Better than mine. I don't blame you, actually, because Rory is absolutely adorable and a pretty good writer for a five month old!  ;-]

I'm sitting here in my rocker with my feet up, but it's not because I am lazy . . . it's because my poor feet and ankles are KILLING me!  They are swollen and miserable.  Oh poor me!  Bawwwww!  Denny put the attractive compression socks on me earlier today, so I LOOK gorgeous too!  He advised me to keep my feet up all day. This is not as easy as it sounds. But they HAVE to be better by tomorrow evening; it's our Ward Christmas Party and we are setting a table for eight. Every other time we have had an adult party like this, Denny and I have hauled our Christmas Spode china down to the building, and then home again to scrape and wash. YUCK!!!  This year, we decided to go with PAPER PLATES! We found some cute ones with matching napkins and stuff. My friend Cyndy Jones is using paper plates too. We hope we're not the only tacky ones at the party! Denny and I are going to use small, wrapped gifts as a simple centerpiece. And we have a medium-sized Hershey's kiss that is decorated like a Santa Hat!  Each guest will receive one. Plus, we have a bunch of regular kisses to spread around the centerpiece. I think it will look really cute!  ;-] But my feet and ankles HAVE to feel better, or I will have a really hard time.

. . . . AAAAAARGH!

OH! Last night as Denny and I left the Temple after our shift, we found a cute bag tied with a very fancy bow on the hood of our car. The tag read, "While you were serving Him, we were serving you!" And the bag was full of homemade candy and cookies. So sweet!  We wonder if the gift came from a YW group or maybe some Young Adults. And the goodies are delicious!

Tomorrow Rory is coming over for a few hours!  YAY!  She won't be able to stay as long as usual, because we have to get ready for the Ward party. But at least we get to have her for a while! Love to kiss those poochy baby cheeks!!!!!

Farewell, friends!  Are you all ready for Christmas??????  "Deck the Halls", "Joy to the World", "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing", etc.,  etc. and etc.!!!!!!

Love to all, Sue ;-]




No comments:

Post a Comment