Saturday, December 8, 2012

FRIDAY WITH PAPA & GG


SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2012

Hi Alert Readers! Yep! It’s me- Rory- again! My GG is pooped today and since you all seem to prefer MY blogs anyway, she asked me to write again for her. GG says she thinks I get my writing talent from HER, but I don’t know. It’s just like they say that I got my Daddy’s eyes. That kinda scares me; if I have HIS eyes, how does he see anything???? This world can be pretty confusing at times!

I had quite a day yesterday. On Fridays, I spend most of the day at Papa and GG’s house. This is my Daddy’s “day off”, whatever that means. And my Mama and Daddy get all excited to go shopping or to a mov-eey (?) or just REST.  I don’t know why they can’t do those things with me around!!! But it’s okay with me because I love my Papa and GG. They let me do pretty much whatever I want. Someone asked me if I am SPOILED . . . but I didn’t know how to answer. I don’t SMELL bad- so how could I be spoiled????  And all of my adults like to hug me and kiss me, so I think I am okay.

After I arrived at Papa and GG’s house yesterday, they hugged me and kissed me FOREVER! Well . . . at least it felt to me like it was forever!  But finally they put me down on the floor with my play mat. This is one of my favorite toys. I used to lay down on the ground UNDER it to play with the toys hanging from it- but now I am a BIG girl, and I sit right up and bang the toys around with my hands to make them rattle and ring. My Papa puts a big soft quilt all around me. After I had played with the toys for quite a while, I noticed that suddenly everything was turning SIDEWAYS! Very slowly. I found myself lying on the quilt! And my toys were out of reach!  My GG laughed, and Papa came and picked me up by my middle and plopped me back on my bottom. I was very happy to be able to reach my toys again. I like to chew on the frog and the doggy. AND sometimes there is another baby there with me! She shows up in a shiny round thing that hangs from my play mat. She has dark blue eyes and chubby cheeks. I think she is really cute, but she disappears! I wonder where she goes? 

I was just bored with my play mat when Papa noticed something unpleasant around my “nether regions”, as he called them. So he picked me up and put me on my homemade “changing place” on the island in GG’s kitchen. He isn’t fond of changing these kinds of diapers, but GG doesn’t seem to mind. She just talks and talks to me and wipes up whatever mess I may have made, and puts a nice, fresh, clean diaper on me. I REALLY don’t like dirty diapers. Yesterday, it must have been a really BAD one, because GG decided I need a bath- immediately! Papa picked me up and put me in my “bath chair” in the kitchen sink, and GG sprayed me with nice warm water and washed me from head to toe! I don’t like to have my neck washed or rinsed, but GG fools me and I lay my head back without thinking, and she jumps right in and washes/rinses it really fast. It might make me mad if I didn’t love my GG so much! But who could stay mad at such a wonderful, loving GG?!?!?!?!? –ahem-
After I am all cleaned up, I like to stay on the big soft towels on the island and talk to my Papa and GG. We have had some really good conversations there. I try to tell them all about my life, and they smile at me and kiss me, but I don’t think they understand everything I am saying. Sometimes, before they put my clothes back on me, they press their lips to my tummy and blow real hard. It tickles!!!!!!  Papa says it is a “zerbert”. Sometimes I don’t like them; sometimes I do.

Before they got me dressed again, GG put something bright red up to me and said, “Oh, she’s going to be BEAUTIFUL!”. She also put some bright silver things on my feet- not sure what they were, but Papa and GG said they “will be perfect with the dress”. I wonder what they are talking about? 

I look forward to the end of my baths, because not only do I FEEL a lot better- but I get my LUNCH!!!!  Papa makes me a nice big bottle and GG holds me in her rocker and feeds me. I keep trying and trying not to fall asleep (why waste time sleeping when I can play with my Papa and GG?), but GG keeps rocking me and rocking me, and my eyes won’t stay open!  GG says I don’t sleep very long- only about 20-30 minutes. She wishes I would sleep longer, because she loves to hold me. But I am just too excited to be there that I wake up to play again.

Papa put me in my ‘saucer for a while, and then in my bouncer. Papa and GG just sit there and watch and watch me, laughing and laughing. They think I’m pretty cute, I think! I’m glad they do. I try really hard to be good and adorable. I like the looks on my adults’ faces when I am cute. Their eyes crinkle up and they smile at me. I just love my adults.

When my Mama and Daddy came to pick me up, they changed me out of my cute Christmas jammies and put some pants and a shirt on me- with some striped socks. Then they took me someplace called “out to dinner”! I sat up in a high chair and played with my toys while my favorite adults ate some funny-lookin’ things. They said it was “Meksi-kin food”? Again, big people there told my adults how cute I am . . . . and I made sure to live up to it!

That’s all for now, guys. GG said to tell you that if you need to know my sizes and favorite colors, just give her a call. What is she talking about?  Love you!  Rory




No comments:

Post a Comment