Monday, March 25, 2013

** RORY AND OTHER THINGS **


Hi there, Alert Readers! It's been kind of a weird couple of weeks!  The Mesa Temple is closed right after the 1:30 Session every day due to the Easter Pageant. That means those of us who serve on the evening shifts (3:10 PM – about 9:00 PM) have these two weeks off. We had a little list of things we wanted to accomplish with the extra time, and –with a week still left- we have finished almost everything!!!!  I even got to go over to Kristin's with Krissy, Ali and Rory for a fun "Craft Day".  Rory slept through the first part, and I got about half of a hat put onto my loom, but once Rory is UP, crafting comes to screeching halt!  We pretty much just sit around watching her. She is pure entertainment!!!!! 

Ali let me feed Rory some lunch (green beans and carrots) while we ate OUR lunch. I'd rather feed Rory than myself. She is a LOT more fun!!!!!  And what a good eater! The minute she sees the spoon, her mouth flies open and she just slurps down her food.   She's the best-eating baby I have ever fed. She doesn't even spill on her bib! And NOW- finally- she is CHEWING!  It has taken patience on Ali and Andrew's part, but Rory now will chow down on Ritz crackers and other "hardish" things. No, she still WILL NOT hold her own bottle. She just stretches out on our laps, throws her arms out to the side and opens her mouth. And we, like the lovesick serfs that we are, put her bottle in her mouth and feed her. OH MY! I mean, WHY should she feed herself? She's a princess, right?

We met Chris and Krissy for lunch at PF Chang's on Friday. YUMMY! They get such a kick out of going to restaurants with us . . . because we always want to go EARLY in the day, and most of the customers are like us: white-haired and slow!
We did actually see a couple of younger groups at the restaurant, but MOST were our age or older (is that even possible?). Chris and Krissy feel like a couple of teenagers!  Ha ha! It is so fun to go out with them- it gives us a chance to "catch up" on all of their news. They are wonderful company!!!!  ;)

After PF Chang's, Denny and I went shopping for a new mattress and box spring. One of the brothers who serves with us in the Temple (Greg Lee) owns six mattress outlets, and we went to check his stuff out. We found a GREAT mattress and box spring for a TERRIFIC price!  It is very comfortable!  Greg delivered it today, and took our old junky pieces away. Ah! Lookin' forward to a good night's sleep tonight!  

Trevor has been in New York for the past few days. His school choir was chosen, along with a few choirs from all around the world, to sing at CARNEGIE HALL! A world-renowned composer (whose name I have completely forgotten) held auditions and selected the best choirs. Trevor's choir (Red Mountain High School) was chosen! The kids are coming home tonight . . . and from all reports, they have had a BALL!  Jazlee Fenn, a lovely girl in our Ward and in our Sunday School class, is also in the choir, and auditioned for a solo, and GOT IT! So she sang a solo in Carnegie Hall! What a thrill!  We are so happy that Trevor has had this opportunity.

We went to church with Ali, Andrew and Rory yesterday. Rory was really "on one"! We don't know if it's because WE were there- giving her an audience- but she did not want to settle down and be quiet. Ali took her out for a while, then Andrew took out her for a while too. She wasn't being a brat at all- just a tad noisy. We appreciate the fact that Ali and Andrew are aware of the distraction, and take her out quickly. They are very good parents.

Rory adores her family- all of us . . . but her Mama and Daddy are the heroes of her world. She smiles and giggles for all of us, but when Mama and Daddy come in, she lights up like a firecracker, and crawls right over to them. Ali almost always sits on the floor when they come here to pick Rory up, and Rory is all over her. Sooo cute!  She's not much of a cuddler anymore- too busy to want to be snuggled.  . . . sigh . . .  but someday there will be another infant from Ali and Andrew or Nick and Emily. THEN we can cuddle and snuggle to our hearts' delight! YAY!  I must mention, however, that on her own volition, Rory gave me a great big sloppy kiss when she left the other day.  M'WA!!!! I had to wipe my whole face off!  Bwahahahaha! And it was worth it!

Rory is VERY close to walking! She stands all on her own for a loooong time, and of course sidles along the furniture all over the house.  She will take a few wobbly steps if we hold one hand. The other day, Denny and I were SURE she was going to just take off and take 2 or 3 steps from me to him . . . but she looked around, decided it was too scary, sat down on her bottom and crawled to him. I don't know WHY we are all encouraging her to walk- it's just going to be harder to keep up with her!  AAARGH!

Ali and Andrew understand that it getting harder for us to keep Rory. We absolutely LOVE it, and DO NOT want to stop . . . but we are very tired when they come for her. She is the joy of our lives. Ali told us the other day that when she and Andrew have another baby, they will bring the baby over by her/himself for us to love on. They are very sweet to think of this. But, but, but what will we do without our Rory????  I think the arrangements will be that she will come by herself too, another time. We LOVE that little stinker! We would miss her horribly if we didn't "tend" her frequently.  FREQUENTLY! PapaGG LOVE Rory!

*&^%$#@$%^%$!!!!!!!  My left knee is really bothering me again. Hurt! Hurt! HURT! Denny made me an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Matthews, this Thursday. I am not happy- because I am afraid he is going to suggest another surgery. He is, after all, a SURGEON!  But we do need to go find out what's going on. I'm sure an ex-ray will be taken in his office, so we should know something Thursday.  ACK! 

This is all for now, Alert Readers! More later!  Love ya all!  Sue  ;)   (see below)

****Hi, my GG's reeders! This is Rory! I wanted to tell about sumthing eskiting that happened to me! Saturday night, my Mama and Daddy went out on sumthing called a DAYTE . . . and I met two brand-noo peepul! My Mama said that two gurls were coming to "babysit" me as a prawject for their award! I have been tended by my family many times, but this was my verry first time with sumone I didn't know! Mama and Daddy were a little bit wurried- because sometimes I can be a "handful", whatever THAT meens! But I liked the gurls! They played with me and gave me a bath (PapaGG had given me one earlier, but I LOVE my bath, so I was happy-happy-happy!), and fed me. When Mama and Daddy came home after three hours, I was happily sitting on one of gurls' laps, being as kute as I could possibly be! I think that Mama and Daddy may let some gurls take care of me sumtime. I don't know if Grandma and Grandpa, Unkle Trevor or PapaGG will be happy about that! I KNOW they love me verry much. They keep telling me how kute and fun I am. And they keep pressing their lips on my cheeks! 

Anyway, that is MY big noos . . . I'll write again later. Luv you!  Rory



No comments:

Post a Comment