Thursday, May 2, 2013

** SUMMER HEAT/BODY BEAT **


Hi Alert Readers! Who can believe that it is MAY?????  My word!  Where did Spring go? We are already in triple digits here in the Valley of the Sun. GAH!  Well, I must admit that I don't actually go out all that much. Now that I am on Leave from the Temple for a while, I pretty much only leave home to go to Kristin's for "Girls Day" once a week, and to church on Sunday. So I don't suffer the heat much. Denny does almost ALL of the shopping. He has done the grocery shopping for 3 or 4 years. Yep! I am a spoiled brat. Denny is Hubby #1 in the whole world! Love, love, love him!!!!! Now, I do SOME shopping- but it is on the Internet!  Does that count? 

I am frustrated because my left knee is simply getting worse- not better. We were hoping that time would come to our aid, and the knee would somehow just "self-correct". I know, I know . . . that was dumb to even consider. But we were not in favor of "exploratory surgery" for Dr. Matthews to get a look inside my knee to see what is wrong. We chose to wait three months and have another bone scan.

What I have to do is LOSE WEIGHT. I absolutely hate to say that out loud like this, because then everyone is WATCHING . . . and I feel that I am letting people down if the weight doesn't come off easily, which it won't. Losing weight to me is a very personal, sometimes bitter battle. Please, friends, just be patient and please do not mention my battle to me. I am aware that I need to lose weight. I have heard EVERYBODY'S weight loss scheme and story. I have done it before and can do it again – my way. If you see me eating a cookie at a party, please allow me to enjoy the cookie without criticism. CRITICISM DOES NOT WORK. Never has; never will.

Okay- okay- I'll get off my soapbox now.  ;-)

Rory is coming to be with us tomorrow!!!! We are so happy to have her once a week!!! We have bonded tightly with her. She is now 10 months old, and so fun, entertaining and sweet-natured. Now that she is walking/sprinting, she really keeps us on our toes. We build a barricade to keep her safe, and she is really good about staying "in". Sometimes, of course, she DOES get away and escape.  But she's really good about coming back to us when we call her, uhhhhhhhhhhh . . . SOMETIMES! 

Rory's birthday is next month . . . and we have her presents all hidden in our closet. Why we are HIDING them is pretty silly- SHE wouldn't recognize them anyway!  But half the fun is stowing things away for later.  Her Mama and Daddy already gave her the big present. It is huuuuge, lights up and makes fun noises, and GUESS WHAT SHE WANTS TO PLAY WITH????  The box they keep the balls in!  Bwahahaha! I think for Christmas, we are going to give her some shoe boxes, wrapping paper and a ball of tape!  She'll be thrilled!

Not too exciting of a blog, I know. But THIS. IS. MY. LIFE.   . . .  sigh . . .   Farewell for now, Alert Readers!  We'll talk again later!   Love you all!  Sue ;0


No comments:

Post a Comment