Saturday, November 17, 2012

RORY'S "CHRISTMAS CHEER"!


Hi Alert Readers!  My name is Aurora Rose Mills, but everyone calls me "Rory".  I am my GG's favorite li'l person (as she keeps telling me), and I am writing her blog tonight!  She is doing the actual TYPING because I haven't figured out how to manage my fingers very well yet. So I whispered my thoughts into her ear, and she is telling you.

Today was a Banner Day in my life. My Mommy, Daddy, and tall, dark and handsome Uncle Trevor took me over to my Papa's and GG's house. They said something about "decorating". I didn't know what that meant, but when we got to the house, the furniture had all been moved around. I didn't know where to find my TOYS!  AND a big green plant thingy was standing right where my GG's rocker usually sits. That's where she feeds me and rocks me to sleep!  But I finally found it- when GG took me from Papa's arms and sat in it with me. I sat with GG while everybody else was busy-busy-busy dragging boxes into the room and taking pretty things out of them. My GG says her favorite color is "red", and LOTS of the stuff in the boxes was red- so I knew she was happy!

But the most FUN thing that happened was when the big green plant thingy all-of-a-sudden turned BRIGHT with lots of colored lights!  Then my Uncle Trevor grabbed some boxes and started HANGING pretty things all over the big plant thingy! He called the big thingy a "tree", so I guess that's what it is. He would know, because he is very smart! I was soooo excited when he took me from my GG and sat me down in his lap and let me help him hang the pretties on the tree. He would pick one out of the box, show it to me, and ask me where we should hang it. I took this very seriously, but mostly I really wanted to CHEW/SUCK on the pretties.  When Uncle Trevor wouldn't let me put them in my mouth, I really DID try to show him where the pretties should go . . . I would flail my hands around and show him JUST where to put them!  We must have been a pretty good team, because before too long, the whole tree was covered top to bottom with lights AND the pretties! I just couldn't look at it enough!!! My eyes kept going back to the tree . . . over and over!  I felt proud that I could help my Uncle Trevor "decorate" it. 

By then, I was getting really tired, but I didn't want to give in and take a nap. But my Mama saw right through that, and had my GG wrap me up in my blanky and rock me.  I tried very VERY hard not to fall asleep, but the next thing I knew, I was waking up on my GG's shoulder. I looked up into her eyes and she said, "Well, look who's awake!"

. . .  I think she meant me!

'Bye, guys! I love you all!!!!!!  Rory 

No comments:

Post a Comment