Thursday, November 1, 2012

TO "CROC" OR NOT TO "CROC"?


Dear Alert Readers!  Ya'll know that I've had a lot of trouble with my knees, hips and, now, FEET!  . . . sigh . . .  We went to our podiatrist (Brian Allen, whom we love!) because my right foot was swollen, red, hot and felt like I was walking on a golf ball.  OUCH! OUCH! And, by the way, . . . OUCH!!!!  Dr. Allen took a few ex-rays, thought it could be a stress fracture and sent me for an MRI.  No, it is not a stress fracture, just a good case of edema. So it's compression socks, ice, and "sensible shoes" for me. He suggested that I buy SAS shoes and Crocs!  Dr. Allen said that those shoes would definitely help my poor, huge, achy legs and feet.  ;-] 

. . . oh my . . .

Have you ever seen SAS shoes?  Even Dr. Allen calls them "frumpy", which is actually complimentary!  ;-[  We went to the SAS store and checked out every style there.  Uhhhhhhhh . . .  did I say "STYLE"? Okay, here they are: "Frumpy- Ugly", "Frumpy-Disgusting", "Frumpy-Just-Plain-Sad" or "Frumpy-Hilarious". After trying on several pair, I decided on "Just-Plain-Frumpy" and bought two pairs.

. . . so here I am, all set to go in my old lady compression hose and SAS shoes! No laughing when you see me, please. A nice nod and sweet "Hi!" would be greatly appreciated. Hysterical laughing can wait until I am around the corner!

Now for the question of the day: Crocs?????  Yay or nay?  Dr. Allen sells them right in his office, but I bet I can get them cheaper elsewhere. Do I want them? What do you think??????? To "Croc" or  not to "Croc"? 





1 comment:

  1. Yes, give Crocs a try. I see temple workers wearing the white ones quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete