Friday, November 23, 2012

"WALL-TO-WALL PEOPLE, AND TERKEE!"


This is me in my new Exersaucer at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Nooooo, I am not spoiled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Day After Thanksgiving, Alert Readers!  This is Rory again. My GG says she is too lazy to write, so she asked me if I could please fill in for her again.  I am happy to help my GG because I love her the MOST of all- except my Mama, my Daddy, my Grandma and Grandpa, my uncles and my Papa!  But, besides all of them, my GG is my very most favorite!

Yesterday was my very first Thanksgiving. I really don't know what that is all about . . . but I heard my adults talking about things they are grateful for, and they seemed to think that YESTERDAY was the day to talk about it . . . so maybe THAT'S the whole deal! It made me very happy to hear them say that every one of them is thankful that I am in our family.  :-] 

My Mama, Daddy joined my Grandma and Grandma and uncles to go see a moo-vey, whatever that is!  I didn't feel left out, though, because they dropped me off at Papa and GG's house on the way. So I got to spend some time with them! I watched some football boys on TV with Papa.  I like the bright colors and the activity. Then my GG held me and I jumped up and down on her tummy.  I like to jump- but after a couple of minutes, my GG said, "Ouch, Bitty!" (Sometimes she calls me "Bitty Boo")  . . .  so Papa came and put me in my Excersaucer.   I have learned that I can jump all I want in my 'saucer, and no one complains about it. So for a loooooooooooooong time I played in my 'saucer- chewing on the brightly-colored toys and bouncing as hard as I could.  Whee!!!!!!

After a while, I announced –LOUDLY!- that I was hungry. Papa got me my bottle, and gave me to GG and she fed and rocked me.  I didn't WANT to take a nap. I tried real hard NOT to take a nap. But GG is nice and soft, and she rocks me back and forth and back and forth- and before I knew it, I was sound asleep. GG continued to rock me, but I only slept for about 25 minutes. Then, I was ready to roll! Papa put me in my bouncer, and I jumped and jumped until my Papa and GG said they were getting dizzy watching me. We played and laughed at each other until my Mama and Daddy came back to pick me up. Papa and GG kissed me "goodbye", but said they'd be seeing me "later"- so I was confused.

Mama and Daddy took me to a whole different house, and I met a bunch of brand-new adults. My Grandma and Grandpa Mills were there, and they seemed to know everybody.  I didn't like the crowds- it was noisy and kinda scared me. So I LET THEM KNOW- at the top of my lungs.  I wanted to make a really good impression on everybody, but I think I didn't.  But Grandma and Grandpa Mills love me anyway, and I know I will get used to the big family crowds.

We left from that big party and went right back to Papa's and GG's!  This time, it was my Mama's side of the family.  It's a much smaller crowd- since my Grandma is Papa and GG's only child, and she and Grandpa had only three children. There were not wall-to-wall "cuzzins" there. Plus, I already knew all of them –even my Uncle Nick's new girlfriend, Emily. Someone said she is his "fiancĂ©e", but since I don't know what that means, I'll just call her "Emily". She very pretty and very nice.

It was weird. All of my adults sat around tables and ate the SAME food they had eaten at the OTHER house!  It was called "terkee". I don't GET it!  But as long as I get my bottles when I need them, I don't care what the others eat! Everybody ate so much that no one had room for "deezert".  We just all sat around and chatted with each other- the men in the family room, and we women in the kitchen. After a while, my Mama put me down to bed in GG's "parlor". My Grandpa was in there too. Everyone else just continued to chat, I guess . . .  but they didn't wake me up until it was time for my Mama, Daddy and me to go home. I didn't like being woken up- and I wanted even the NEIGHBORS to know it!  GG is sure they did! Everybody left the house at about the same time, carrying big plates with bright silver paper on them. I
think there was some "deezert" on the plates.  

It was a loooooooong day, but I enjoyed being with all of these big people who love me. I have learned that it is called a "kiss" when they press their lips onto my cheeks or hands or legs.  I just have sit there and endure the kisses until everyone is done. Maybe if I weren't "so stinkin' cute" (as my Grandma always says), I wouldn't get so many kisses. I try to give kisses back, of course- but I haven't yet figured out how to put my lips together, so my adults squeal a little about my "slurpies"!  ;-0 

I hope ya'll had a wonderful day.  My adults all said it was good, and I think it was too. My Papa promised me that NEXT year, I can have some of the adult food.  How are they going to squeeze it into a bottle??????  

Well, 'bye, guys!  I am very tired and need to rest. My GG said she'll write maybe tomorrow. I love you all!  Rory  ** M'wa! **


No comments:

Post a Comment